Click here for our current challenge.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Challenge #37 - Distressing

Hello and welcome to a new Phindy's Place Challenge. Wow, what a response we had to the first open challenge - over 150 entries! Be sure to drop by later in the weekend to see who won the prize and the Pick of the Week.  This week's challenge is Distressing.  You can use Distress Inks, distress paper edges, tear paper, interpret it your way, I can't wait to see your entries! 

Please take a moment to check out the rules:  you may use any image, however we love to see entries using Phindy's Place images and they will get two chances at winning the draw.  Maximum 3 entries per person please.  The winner of the Challenge will be chosen by Random.org and will receive an $8 Gift Certificate to the Phindy's Place store.  The Pick of the Week wins a 20% off voucher for the Phindy's Place store. Don't forget that once a month we will choose an overall winner from the weekly winners and they will be offered a Guest position on the DT - and of course a free image from Phindy's Place to use for that week's challenge!

Here are some delectable distressed projects for your inspiration from the Design Team:


Tammy Maynard


Anne-Marije Poppen

Anne Ray




Lynda Nielsen

 

Ann English

Linda Payne




Cec Wintonyk





12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Something new to try! I have never done distressing before. :) I picked up some Tim Holtz inks last week so this will be a great excuse to unwrap them and see what I think! :)
    GORGEOUS cards again girls!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All the DT cards are amazing! What a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a lot of fun with this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm the first one to admit that distressing is not my thing but you know I'll give it a whirl! Great job by the DT AND I LOVE THE NEW LINKY WITH THUMBNAILS! VERY COOL!!!
    I also love that it's still Friday and there are already 9 entries.....bet I know what I'll be doing tonight when the kiddos are sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only did a spot of distressing which is unusual for me I love to distress! Your work looks fantastic! Beth aka BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love distressing, and I love this image of Phindy's, so the card seemed appropriate for the Challenge! Fabulous DT inspiration.
    x Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I love distressing, so for the first time I send in my projekt to a challenge.
    I see that I heve put the name of the box and not my name under the link picture. sorry.

    Cathrine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee!! Got my first one done girls!! And I have to say I wish I'd tried distressing years ago! hehe.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great challenge, thanks for letting me play along xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks girls, nice one. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun challenge, have a Phindy's image in mind that I think I want to use the distressing with. The DT samples are amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the challenge! I love the Phindy's challenges! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete